We use to call it "midnight sun" but midnight is not exactly the the time when the sun is at its lowest position in Kiruna. Only because of one hour is added during the period of daylight saving time nothing is going to change astronomically! So, we have to add one hour to midnight and we end up at 01.00 AM for the sun's lowest position in Kiruna.
BUT: Since Kiruna is located 20 degrees east of the Greenwich meridian we have to substract 20 minutes! The result is that the "real midnght sun" at it's lowest position during a 24 cycle is visible in Kiruna at 00.40 AM - 40 minutes after midnight!
By using the navigation button left side on top of this page you can find our choice of tours during the period of midnight sun in Kiruna.
Welcome to Kiruna, welcome to the midnight sun!
- All our tours are strictly limited to a maximum of 5 participants. We want to minimize all possible impacts of stress and group dynamics.
- On some of our tours there are big distances to go by car. This is the only possibility to make destinations like the Lofoten archipelago or Tromsö accessible from Kiruna during one day. Still there will always be enough time for an optional photostop or a short walk to a scenic viewpoint next to the road.
- Our guides are very routined drivers with guidance references from Norway as well as from Sweden
- We use minivans of US-brands like Chevrolet or Chrysler. The single captain chairs grant a certain privacy and eliminate the risk that your sleeping travel mates will suddenly rest their head on your shoulder...
- All seats are equipped with a clean fleece blanket and - on the tours to Tromsö and Lofoten - with a clean pillow.